The devil in disguise

by Lindsey Camp, web designer

We all have enemies, whether it’s a former friend, a food that makes you sick, yourself… or Satan. These enemies are able to fully take over your emotions and feelings everyday. It’s like the moment they say or do something to you, you lose control of your actions, words and character.

Every morning when I wake up, I know that my day will consist of trials, tribulations and temptations. I am not afraid to face these troubles though, because my god is with me and i am not alone. God fights with us, for us, and never against us.

“ the devil doesn’t come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you’ve ever wished for….” American Author Tucker Max said.

The bible tells us in John 10:10 ” The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”

The devil is not easy to notice or see, because he comes as one of your desires and sins dressed in one. We must wake up and realize who the true enemy we’re actually  fighting.

For example, It’s so easy to hate yourself and blame God for making you the way you are. When we reevaluate the situation, we realize it’s Satan trying to convince us that we are not good enough for him, for our parents, our friends or our lives.

I’ve witnessed a teenage boy overcome his depression and anxieties because of the fact that he stopped listening to Satan’s lies and decided to look to Jesus. He started attending church more, diving into the word, and realized that he is exactly who god made him to be.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “The devil in disguise”

1. rachael on November 2nd, 2015 6:59 pm

we all face these everyday & that a good way to get through the day. good work

[Reply]

2. Alex's on November 2nd, 2015 7:02 pm

love this so amazing to see God has put this on your heart and you speak the truth love you so much!!
    Alexa 🙂

[Reply]

The devil in disguise