Religion Changes Everything

by Lindsey Camp, web designer

Atlanta Father, Michael Lash’s family’s’ home was invaded and he was shot in both legs. The invaders were a group of adolescents who compelled their way into his home.

Lash’s wife Whitney was also shot at with their six month old baby in her hands, but she was not wounded.

In the midst of this horrific tragedy Lash’s heart was full of forgiveness and he recited the verse Luke 23 from the bible.Forgiveness is one of the toughest tasks to do. Whenever I get into a dispute with my friends and they upset me, forgiving them is challenging.

However, this man was shot at and he has decided to forgive the teenagers for their wrongdoings.

The term “forgive” means to wipe the slate clean, to pardon, and to cancel a debt. This applies to religion because in each religion there is a method to obtain forgiveness.

Christians believe that to receive forgiveness all you need to do is repent, believe and receive. Buddhist believes you may seek forgiveness from those whom you have offended. The approach to forgiveness determines whether it is in keeping with the Buddha dharma teachings.

As a result we should take teachings from this man because he decided to forgive a man who shot him and at his family. Religion has changed his outlook on this traumatic event he just experienced. I hope that one day others will be able to have the heart and integrity this man has shown.