“You’ve got to stand for something or you’ll fall for anything.” – Aaron Tippin

by Lindsey Camp, web designer

Hypothetically speaking, you and your family are going out to eat at the local La Parrilla Mexican restaurant. You sit down and you decide to go wash your hands before eating. As you get up from your chair you turn to see a regular member from your church very drunk and acting crazy. You feel totally confused about what you see. Although this may not be morally correct, he is over the age of twenty one which is the drinking age, therefore he is able to drink if he wants. In the bible verse Ephesians 5:18 it reads “Don’t be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, be filled with the Holy Spirit.”

There are so many things that people can do, but choose not to because of their morals. In my life my decisions and morals go together. For example, in today’s society lots of teenager’s use profanity when speaking, but I do not follow that trend, because I feel that it goes against my religion. I am a Christian who attends a Baptist church.Within the bible we follow as christians it says in James 3:10 “Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be.” Therefore I choose to obey that and only let praise and kind words toward others come out of my mouth. Even though there is no law/ society rule against it does NOT make something right. I will not be reformed by the choices society allows to happen.