The style of church has changed ; the purpose has not

by Lindsey Camp, web designer

The times and styles of church have truly changed throughout the years,  and some old traditions don’t exist anymore.

For example, hymnals are not a necessity anymore in today’s church vicinity. A hymn is a type of song, usually religious, specifically written for the purpose of adoration or prayer, and typically addressed to a deity or deities, or to a prominent figure or personification. In today’s church or religious place worship songs are more upbeat and in the style of hip hop.A choir used to always be present in churches also.

I was in the choir at my church my 6th grade year, and i remember singing old songs and singing for plays/musicals at the church. My church does not have a choir full of youth children anymore, or one at all.

Not every church has fully changed their style from the way it was before.

This change is something some love and some disagree with.We all learn and connect with god best in different ways, therefore it is okay to like different things.

Although the style of church has changed, the true meaning and purpose has not. That one true purpose is to serve god and teach of his ways.God can be served in so many ways, such as singing, praying, dancing, and loving. If the chosen way of the church brings glory to god, it should not matter exactly how.