The Christmas challenge

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Christmas challenge

photo by Lindsey Camp

photo by Lindsey Camp

photo by Lindsey Camp

by Lindsey Camp, web designer

Christmas is not only the most wonderful time of the year, but also the most stressful time. Christmas season consists of so many different things happening such as finals, gifts, and family, closing grades for classes, end of course tests, and student learning objective assessments. The amount of stress caused because of these activities is able to crush the Christmas spirit you feel in your heart. It is so easy to get so caught and twisted in these things causing you to forget the true meaning of Christmas and how great it actually is. So many emotions come with this holiday for so many people such as feeling sad because of the loss of their loved ones, some feel hope because of the joy that is shared and some are considered “scrooges” of Christmas. A scrooge is a cold-hearted miser who despises Christmas and all that it stands for.

When I was younger Christmas was always my favorite holiday ever because it meant I got to see all of my family happy and together in its entirety. Christmas always resembled so much happiness during that period of time. As much as I loved waking up early and opening presents in the morning, I enjoyed just sitting with my brothers and parents while I watched their faces light up at what Santa left for them during the night even more. As I grew older I started to understand what the holiday was truly celebrating and I only fell more in love with it.

In my home Christmas is celebrated because Jesus Christ our savior was born into the world. The same savior who was nailed to a cross for the sins and mistakes we make. The true meaning behind Christmas means way more than seeing all the pretty lights, receiving new clothes or electronics, and getting to make sugary treats to munch on. Therefore, this holiday I challenge you to put aside the anxiety and overwhelming thought of tests, grades, and things causing you to lose hope and live joyfully because no matter what you make on those tests your savior still died for you alone and your worth is defined by that price.