A Holiday Bash with a Good Cause

A+flyer+for+the+Haven+Academy%27s+Holiday+Bash+Dec.+10+at+Campbell+High+School.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

A Holiday Bash with a Good Cause

A flyer for the Haven Academy's Holiday Bash Dec. 10 at Campbell High School.

photo by Haven Academy

photo by Haven Academy

photo by Haven Academy

by Andrew Okwuosah, Digital Editor

The Chick-Fil-A Leader Academy has partnered with the Haven Academy at Skyview and Toys for Cobb for a holiday bash Dec. 10 at Campbell High School.

The Haven Academy aims to help behaviorally-challenged students find their way to success and eventually back to their home schools, while Toys for Cobb partners with social workers throughout the county’s schools to help students in need of a gift this holiday season get that gift.

Doors open at 5 p.m., with a talent show featuring students from Haven Academy and Campbell beginning at 6 p.m. At 7 p.m., the main event kicks off with professional wrestling matches featuring local favorites like Elrod Campbell, Hype Henry, Micah Taylor, Tommy Penirelli, Prince Apollo, Tragedy, and Aja “Super” Perera. There will also be special guest appearances from former W.C.W. pro wrestlers Rocky King and The Brickman.

Live musical entertainment will be provided by DJ CAT-X.

A toy drive benefiting Toys for Cobb will begin Dec. 1. Toys appropriate for elementary school students (four-11 years old) can be dropped off in the Freshman Center office, BT Counseling office, CT office, Media Center, Macland office, Senior office, and Russell Hall. They don’t need to be gift-wrapped.

Tickets will be seven dollars at the door, or five dollars with a toy. Proceeds from the event will go to the Haven Academy, and toys will go to Toys for Cobb.

For more information on the event and to purchase tickets, check out the event’s Eventbrite page.