Graphic Designs

by Logann Houston, staff writer

Roses are red violets are blue valentines day cards are sure to make your significant other feel special. The graphic designs class made valentines day cards for their loved ones.  The students were instructed to create a layout page o n in-design or illustrator which they use as a tool to develop artwork. For the Valentines day cards they have to have text like poetry or poem related writing.

The card also has to include a bar code on the back, as if it’s a real card you buy from the store. When the student is ready to print the card they must have imposition which means the position of the content on the pages have to be in correct order. Finally the card is printed on card stock paper.

Imposition is one of the fundamental steps in the prepress printing process. The prepress printing process arrange the products pages in the printer’s sheet. This helps to make sure that the presentation of the design is appealing to the eye and reduces paper waste.

The cards are printed on a laser printer after it is designed on a computer to the designer’s liking.  A laser printer is a popular type of printer that uses a non impact photocopier technology. IBM introduced the first laser printer in 1975.  In 1984,Hewlett -Packard revolutionized laser-printing technology with its first LaserJet, a compact,fast, and reliable printer that personal computers users could afford.