Sandy Springs citizen charged with human trafficking

Unacceptable - The F.B.I. has named Atlanta the city with the highest incidence of sex trafficking. 206 women were victims of sex trafficking last year. Note that this value does not include women who were exploited for economic gains, nor men and children who have been exploited.

by Jarah Cotton, Staff Writer

33-year-old Kenndric Roberts has been accused of luring, abducting, and holding women against their will in his expensive home in Sandy Springs.

Roberts was charged with five counts of trafficking a person for labor, five counts of false imprisonment, and two counts of the unlawful possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony.

The abductees were forced to be the sexual spokeswomen of Roberts’ entertainment business, Live Star Nation. One of the victims, who prefers to remain anonymous, explained her situation in detail to CBS 46 News after being liberated by the Fulton County police.  

The woman was sent to the Dominican Republic and forced to subject herself to breast augmentations and other cosmetic surgeries, before returning to Sandy Springs and living in the house with eight other women. The women unwillingly performed at various strip clubs and were treated miserably, but were too afraid of their lives to attempt escape.

The Atlanta area has been named one of the 14 metropolitan areas with the greatest instances of human trafficking in the United States by the F.B.I. It is impossible that no one but Roberts was aware of the terrifying predicament these girls were in. 

Trafficking is one of the most heinous crimes a person can commit. It robs its victims of their morals and identity. It robs them of their choice.

It is of utmost importance that we rise up in our community to help prevent any further instances of human trafficking. It is a societal issue, and the community is responsible for it’s prevalence in our area. Those who are aware of human trafficking but fail to allow themselves to be an instrument for its end are just as responsible for the damage done to victims as those actually participating in the crime.

It is imperative that civilians help each other. If you find out about, or even simply suspect, that you have witnessed something of this nature, get them help.

What kind of person allows another to remain caged?